Serving Saint Mary’s Offices, Programs and Departments
The Marketing and Communication Office focus is promoting the university and its various endeavors. To that end, we offer assistance with advertising, graphic design, editorial, email, photography, social media, video and web needs.
If your request is intended for internal audience only, please use our available templates found on our Resources page. We have multiple templates for posters, flyers, newsletters, and PowerPoint presentations.
Submitting a Request
When you need our assistance for marketing and/or communication needs you will start the process by completing our request form. Depending on the work to be done, you may need budget account numbers, quantities (for printed pieces), a general idea of your message, or other things that we will work with you to develop.
Specific Service Areas
- Advertising — planning an ad campaign, developing a strategy
- Design — creating visual pieces, including ads, posters, flyers, booklets, postcards, etc.
- Editorial — writing stories, press releases, proofreading
- Email Campaigns — HTML emails with layouts that work on all devices
- Photography — event, environmental, portrait (for university use)
- Social Media — promoting your event, advising/planning your social media activities
- Web — edits and new work on SMUMN website, auxiliary sites, planning and designing
Business Cards, Name Badges, Promotional Displays, and Logo Requests
Please use this form to request the following: business cards, name badges, logo requests, to check out the event displays, or to submit a pre-production review (work done by outside vendors or yourself).
Cardinal Update is a weekly newsletter for all faculty and staff — across all Saint Mary’s University programs and locations.
The publication’s end goal is threefold: to create one consistent and primary communication source, to be respectful of our colleague’s time, and to cut down on mass email communications.Submit a Cardinal Update
If your submission has details about an upcoming event, please be sure it is listed on our online calendar, as the newsletter will primarily refer to this calendar for all event highlight details.
These production schedules account for the most common projects MarComm supports. In some cases, projects may be completed in shorter or longer periods of time because of good luck or circumstances beyond our control, but these schedules should act as a good guide when planning your projects to make certain we have the best possible outcomes.